Canada Family Immigration Program 2022 – Family Class Sponsorship Program

Family Class Sponsorship Program

Canada cares a lot about getting families back together.

The fact that the Canada Family Sponsorship was made possible says a lot.

What is the Family Class Sponsorship Program?

The Canada Family Sponsorship program tries to keep families together by letting relatives study and work in Canada as long as they become permanent residents. In return, you and your family will be able to make great memories while learning about Canada’s rich culture.

Have you been living and working in the north and wishing you had family nearby? With the Family Class sponsorship program, this is possible. In this article, we break down how the program works and go through the steps involved in the Canada sponsorship application process.

Who can I Sponsor?

You can sponsor your sibling, spouse, partner or dependent child. But you and the relative you are sponsoring will have to meet certain requirements. Let’s take a closer look at the eligibility of both parties applying for the Canada Family Sponsorship.

Steps in the process of applying to be a sponsor in Canada

Below, we break down a step-step process on how to go about applying for the Family Class Sponsorship Program, as well as the program requirements:

Step 1: Make sure you can join.

You must know if you are eligible for the program before you apply. You have a good chance of being able to sponsor a family member if you are a permanent resident of Canada and live and work there. However, you need to be 18 years or older, be registered as a Canadian citizen or be a permanent resident. If you’re living outside of Canada, you:

You have to be a Canadian citizen and plan to come back so you can be there when your family member arrives.

Know that you can’t sponsor a family member if you live permanently outside of Canada. You need to be inside the country when applying to sponsor and when the person arrives; and you

  • must be able to prove that you won’t require any social assistance or government benefits, unless you’re disabled.

Alternatively, if you’re sponsoring your spouse or partner with a dependent child, then income requirements will apply. Here are the instructions for how to fill out a Financial Evaluation form.

You can’t help a family member if:

  • you’ve been convicted of a violent or sexual crime, and you’re in prison;
  • you haven’t paid child support or you’re behind on payments;
  • you have been declared bankrupt;
  • you’ve gotten help from the government when you’re not disabled;
  • you’re in arrears with immigration payments or loans and

if you don’t meet the requirements for sponsorship or if you did something else that wasn’t on the list.

Step 2: Figure out who you can help.

The following people can be sponsored by you:

  • Your spouse

When you apply for your Canada spousal sponsorship, your spouse must be legally married to you and at least 18 years old.

Your common-law partner:

  • Shouldn’t be legally married to you, be at least 18 years old, and have lived with you for a year in a committed relationship with no breaks.
  • Any possible time apart should have been short and temporary.
  • You will also need to show proof that you are married.
  • This can be anything, like joint ownership of a home or a lease or agreement that you both signed.

Your conjugal partner:

  • Shouldn’t be legally married to you or living with you as if they were married.
  • They must both be at least 18 years old, live outside of Canada, and have been together for at least a year.
  • Also, they shouldn’t be able to live with you in their home country, and they shouldn’t be able to marry you for legal or immigration reasons. When applying for sponsorship, all of these things that make up a marriage must be shown.

Dependent children:

Should be under 22 years old and not have a spouse or common-law partner to qualify as a “dependent child.” They will also be considered dependents if they don’t have enough money to take care of themselves and have a physical or mental illness.

Sponsorship by Parents and Grandparents:

This program allows you to sponsor your parents and grandparents for permanent residency in Canada. You must be able to financially support them and their dependents and ensure they don’t need social assistance from the government. If you want to be one of the 10,000 sponsors who are invited to apply for this sponsorship program, you have to submit documents online.

Family members who lost their parents and other siblings:

Through this program, you can take care of an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild who is related to you by blood and is younger than 18 years old. You can also sponsor a brother, sister, nephew, niece, aunt, or uncle of any age. If you don’t have a close living relative, you could sponsor instead (spouse, dependent children, parents, and grandparents).

Check out our page on sibling sponsorship to learn more about the Canada Family Sponsorship program.

Who can be sponsored by a family member?

The person must be able to move to Canada, whether it’s for a spouse or for a child or other relative who lives on their own. In other words, they shouldn’t be banned from entering Canada and should be eligible to enter Canada, to begin with.

The person being sponsored must provide:

  • The necessary forms, supporting documents, and any other information, like medical exams and biometrics, when they send in their sponsorship application for Canada.

Step 3: Learn how to apply for the Canada Family Sponsorship Program

Here are the steps to fill out a Canada Family Sponsorship application:

  • Make sure you have everything you need to apply.
  • Pay the fees for the application
  • Submit your application
  • Send any extra information that is needed while your application is being looked over.

Remember that there are two forms to fill out: one for the Family Class Sponsorship Program and one for permanent residence. Because of this, the requirements for each part of the application will work on their own. So, applicants must make sure they meet both sets of requirements.

1. Be sure you have the Application Package

The package will have a list of documents that both you, as the sponsor, and the person you are paying for will need to show. It will also have the forms you need to fill out and a set of instructions.

You must make sure that you can sponsor your family members and take care of them once they come to live with you. You must also list all of your family members correctly and make sure that your application is filled out completely. Lastly, we ask applicants to be honest with their information. If they don’t, their application will be turned down.

2. Pay the Fees for the Application

Your Canada Family Sponsorship fee can’t be given back to you. But you will have to pay the biometrics fee, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and processing fee, the police clearance fee, and any other fees that apply to your application or situation.

The fees may be different for each person, depending on who they are or what they need. Find out more about how fees are broken down here.

3. Fill out the application

Your application must be mailed to the address listed in the instructions. You could also use a courier service, which will let you keep track of your application, or you could send it through the mail. Note that applications that aren’t complete will take longer to process, which could lead to your application being sent back to you.

Did you know that if you use a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), you won’t have to file your own applications? Our RCICs are registered and authorized to not only represent you but also help you through the process.

4. Send any extra information that is needed while your application is being processed.

While your application is being processed, the person you are sponsoring will be asked to provide medical exams, police clearance certificates, and biometrics. The person you’re sponsoring needs these documents, which you should give them. Also, each family member who is 18 or older and is not a permanent resident of Canada will need to show these documents.

You can also expect to get instructions on what to do next. During the process, you should keep your family members informed of the important information.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.